- Support the current operating system and the SSA-developed desktop image on the Microsoft Windows workstations, laptops and tablets.
- Support the new Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and the associ- ed desktop images.
- Provide third-level support to problem records opened in Change, Asset and Problem Reporting System (CAPRS) by end-users and representatives.
- Participate in problem management reporting, resolution and documentation in CAPRS for the desktop environment.
- Manage the queue of problem tickets assigned via the CAPRS.
- Contractor will use the CAPRS daily to document steps taken to resolve a problem in the CAPRS record.
- Perform technical review of application and configuration changes via the DIET Change Control Board (CCB) process as assigned.
- As assigned, document configuration or procedural changes resulting from troubleshooting and problem resolution performed for inclusion in the desktop image via the CCB process.
- As assigned, document and test required application and configuration changes for the desktop image as assigned via the DIET CCB process.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Experience supporting the Windows desktop operating system
- Experience supporting virtual desktops.
- Must have 5 years experience with (tool, software, etc)
- Must be a good technical writer.
- Experience with business process analysis.
- Experience with requirements analysis and systems analysis
- Must have a good current working knowledge of Change Management systems.
- Must be outgoing and comfortable with working with a large group of customer contacts.
- Must be a self starter and take responsibility for completing assignments on time.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Project, MS Power Point, and MS Visio a desired
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with VMware View 5
- Prior SSA experience
Candidates with these certifications will be given preferential consideration:
- CSE Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- MCP Microsoft Certified Professional
- VMware Certified Professional
- LANDesk Administrator
- LANDesk Engineer
Crossroads Employment Services, LLC
Director of Recruiting
Please contact me with any questions, email is best!